Wednesday, February 25, 2009
8:00 am – 8:45 am
Keynote: Making Information Universally Accessible
Aidan Chopra, Product Evangelist, Google
● How will ideas like real-time collaboration, cloud computing and mobile access to information affect the way we deal with our 3D data?
● What are some of the challenges involved in working with 3D information, and how might they be overcome?
● What is Google doing in the 3D and geospatial arena, and what might be coming next?
9:00 am - 10:15 am - Technology Management Roundtable
A comprehensive view of the directions and challenges our technology
companies face. Executives from each of the major technology sponsors will present and debate their positions and differentiation in the industry.
11:00 am - 12:15 pm - General Session: From Scanning to Models
The session will focus on examples and best practices related to converting point cloud and/or photogrammetric information into 3D design models. The session will explore what is the level of granularity and “intelligence” that is required to effectively interface with design systems and maximize the benefits to the design processes.
10:15 am - 11:30 am
Workgroup #4: ISO 15926 Matrix Project #8
11:00 am - 12:15 am
Workgroup #5: ISO 15926 Implementation
Workgroup #6: ISO 15926 Matrix Project #6: ISO 15926 Primer
1:15 pm - 4:30 pm
SESSION: Wireless: Small Investments - Quick Returns **Hosted by Chemical Engineering**
This short course is designed for BOTH end users who are completely new to industrial wireless and those who have already gotten their feet wet and are ready to take the next step.
Plan now to attend this cutting-edge session from Chemical Engineering and walk away with NEW ideas, tips and insights you can use immediately, including…
- Hear best practices for operating companies to cut costs and improve revenues in order to cope with over capacity, a slowdown in demand and reduced workforce.
- Identify the low-hanging fruit in plants that are ripe for improvement.
- Discover integrated solutions, such as wireless and asset management, that quickly lower total operational and lifecycle costs without the requirement for huge, upfront investments.
- Learn how video can serve as a new process sensor and vibration sensors can improve rotating equipment health, and discover many other applications that can improve plant efficiency, reliability and safety.
- Gain valuable insights into the recently passed WirelessHART and impending ISA 100 standards, which will enable end users to select products from multiple vendors that support the network they've chosen and know that the instruments will work together.
The following companies will have technology on display at daratechPLANT:
AceCad Software Ltd
Advanced Software Design Inc. (ASD)
Bentley Systems Inc
BlueCielo ECM Solutions
CEA Systems Inc
Collaborative Systems Group (CSG)
Comos Industry Solutions Inc
Dassault Systemes Americas Corp.
Exact Metrology Inc
Honeywell Process Solutions
Leica Geosystems Inc.
PI Integrated Systems
PIP - Process Industry Practices
SHAREcat Solutions AS
Tech Soft 3D
Total CAD Systems Inc.