Tuesday, June 21, 2011
If you're not a current or former IChemE member, you can become an IChemE Affiliate member in 2011 for just £20.00 .
To register visit www.icheme.org/joinnow and enter the promotional code 'LINK' when prompted.
Saturday, June 18, 2011
Learn the most effective ways to use LinkedIn to market yourself, find a job, and build and maintain a lasting professional network
You can downloaded it using this link http://studentaffairs.stanford.edu/sites/default/files/cdc/files/LinkedInWeb.pdf
Following are recommended links if you wish to use Linkedin as your way of marketing your profession
Career Exploration Tools
Friday, June 17, 2011
The Strategic Issues Track will analyze key challenges faced by the renewable energy industry both in the United States and abroad. Session topics will include domestic and global energy outlook; global markets and competition; business opportunities in developing countries; the potential for a strategic collaboration between natural gas and renewables; the importance of operational excellence, and strategies for the adoption of renewable energy.
- Session A1: Energy Outlook
- Session A2: Global Markets and Competition
- Session A3: Business Opportunities in Developing Countries
- Session A4: Strategic Collaboration - Natural Gas & Renewable Energy
- Session A5: Renewable Energy Ecosystem Collaboration For Achieving Operational Excellence
- Session A6: Strategies for the Adoption of Renewable Energy
- Session B1: Update on Federal Regulations and Programs
- Session B2: State Policies - Cross-Cutting Issues
- Session B3: State Reports
- Session B4: US Department of Energy Technology Programs
- Session B5: Department of Defense Programs
- Session B6: National and Energy Security in the Americas Panel
For more information Contact : Carley Ziober at 713-343-1884 or CarleyZ@tradefairgroup.com. or just visit conference website www.retech2011.com
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Air Products is Fortune 500 company with 18,300 employees and operations in more than 40 countries, who serve customers across a wide range of industries from food and beverage, health and personal care to energy, transportation and semiconductors.
You can Apply www.airproducts.com/careers and go to search job openings on the left navigation bar and use Req No. #7158BR for apply
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
More and more engineers and scientists are using multiphysics to accurately
model their products and processes. The brand new edition of the
Introduction to Multiphysics Kit CD demonstrates how you can benefit
from taking the multiphysics approach for your simulations.
You can Watch the animated simulation of coupled physical effects, including:
Monday, June 13, 2011
Following areas will be targeted by the summit and you will able to meet enterprise representatives presenting leading technologies in clean technology area. The event is advised by famous industry specialists including Andries van der Linde [internationally recognised renewable and clean technologies specialist], Raz Cohen [a successful entrepreneur] and Prof Janice Limson [an Associate Professor for the Department of Biochemistry, Microbiology and Biotechnology at Rhodes University and editor in chief of Science in Africa.]
Clean Energy Generation:
Wind, solar, hydro, biofuels, geothermal, clean coal technologies
Fuel cells, advanced batteries, hybrid systems
Building efficiency, smart grids, waste heat recovery
Water & waste water:
Water treatment, water conservation, waste water treatment, desalination
Recycling & waste:
Recycling, waste treatment, organic matter, plastics
If you interested in more information please contact (international dial code +27):
Suza Adam - 011 880 0364 - General, marketing/branding, investor relations, sponsorship, networking, digital media
Raz Cohen - 011 880 0374 – Corporate / project finance / venture capital, business plan development
Dr Andries van der Linde - 082 825 0985 – Energy generation; wind, solar (CSP) photovoltaic, hydro, geothermal, storage, infrastructure, efficiency
Dr Janice Limson - 083 248 0100 – Bioremediation, environmental monitoring, diagnostics, biofuels, biomass water and industrial effluents treatment
The official Website : www.viridisafrica.com
Sunday, June 12, 2011
- BS in Engineering in Chemical Engineering, Materials or Mechanical Engineering
- 3 years of plastics extrusion experience
- Industry experience in plastics extrusion processes, preferably film or compounding processes or web handling technology highly preferred
- Knowledge of Polymer chemistry, structure property relationship; knowledge of fundamentals of melt processing and effect of melt process conditions on properties
- Familiar with principals of statistical analysis of data and application to process development and process improvement
Apply on the company website
This event is free of charge and free to all people online .
For more details http://www.icheme.org/DeepwaterHorizon22Jun11
Saturday, June 11, 2011
This job will pay up to 90K and qualification and responsibilities as follows
- Initiate and lead process improvements in facilities
- Provides technical troubleshooting
- Analyze and provide solutions for chemical storage issues
- Recommends process improvements based on customer needs and demands
- Examine and improve energy usage
- Lead and implement process related projects from concept to completion
- Support and assist in Hazards and operability study reviews
- Travel to other warehouses and facilities
- BS in Chemical Engineering
- 3-5 years experience
- Experience in a chemical process facility
- AutoCAD experience
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Familiarity with PSM desired
Contact information 614-760-5799, email@example.com
Friday, June 10, 2011
There are a limited number of places still available at the conference. Don't miss out on your chance to discover the most recent developments in the field from leading practitioners in industry, academia and renowned international research institutes. Keynote speakers include Professor Andrzej Stankiewicz from TU Delft and former ICI Head of Manufacturing Technology, Dr. Roger Benson.
PI technology is applicable in many areas, including upstream oil and gas, petrochemicals, fine chemicals, the nuclear industry, bioprocessing and food and drink manufacturing. PI can offer impressive improvements in one or more process characteristics, such as unit operation size, output quality, energy usage and plant safety.
The conference registration fee is £632.00 + VAT with reduced rates of £440.00 + VAT available to students and authors.
How to register:
• Pay online at www.icheme.org/epic
• Call our sales their team on +44 (0) 1788 534444
From Editor of Chempro:
I got this message via my linked in Group and thought to share with my blog readers.
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
What is fault tree analysis? It was initially developed in Bell laboratory for a control system. Now days it is widely used in safety engineering field to qualitatively determine probability of a safety hazard. It is an undesired state of a system is analyzed using boolean logic to combine a series of lower-level events.
Following tutorial which was developed by Clifton A. Ericson is consist with simple explanation with several examples including very simple one.
Following tutorial developed by Marvin Rausand, Department of Production and Quality Engineering, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway is included with three examples of Redundant fire pumps which will be valuble for chemical safety engineers to learn fault tree analysis