Monday, January 7, 2008

Low energy bulb diposal

Although low energy bulb is contain very small amount of mercury. Mercury is very toxic substance and make short and long term effect on human health. Dr David Ray, toxicologist said to BBC that "If you broke five bulbs in a small unventilated room then you might be in short term danger" . This statement is enough to understand the environmental and health risk associated with the low energy bulb.

The solution is not rejecting low energy bulb because it save energy and electricity bill. But the correct solution is printing proper disposal instruction and safe use advices. Because of small amount of mercury contain low energy bulb is not to be disposal in normal waste bin. It is possible to release mercury to environment when the dispose in landfill or open dump.



1 comment:

Angel said...

Please let us know how to correctly dispose of low-energy (CFL) blubs

Followers